Thursday, June 30, 2011

#pieparty


Did your mom ever do this? You know--roll out the pie crust scraps, brush them with butter, dust them with sugar (cinnamon or vanilla), bake them while the pie bubbles in the oven, then munch them with you while you both watch the oven impatiently?

My mom did.

I'm attending the Pie Party on July 5, and today I made my pie. I won't tell you what it is until Tuesday, but I will tell you I used Gluten-Free Girl's pie crust recipe this time. Wow, it's good. Especially when it's cut into strips, brushed with butter, dusted with sugar, baked, and munched on while watching the oven impatiently.

3 comments:

  1. My favorite part of pie baking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love baking my pie scraps with strawberry jam!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooo, strawberry jam; I'll have to try that!

    ReplyDelete